Journal assignments must be a minimum of 250 words each entry. Each journal entry must contain at least two citations from either the textbook or a scholarly peer reviewed article (Wikipedia is not acceptable). Please cite your sources according to APA format. Points earned for each journal entry will be based on implementation of at least 2 citations from a scholarly peer reviewed article, course textbook (Revel Essentials of Sociology: A Down to Earth Approach 13e ), or other credible sources per question, the content of the responses, knowledge of the topic and effort demonstrated in the writing and following APA format. Journal Entry Questions 1.The organization of social institutions structures opportunity so some groups are advantaged and other groups are disadvantaged. This applies to our day-to-day lives and is recognizable in the larger social problems we face. How does social structure affect the health of individuals? When a health crisis arises, how does the group affected by the crisis influence the societal and institutional response? 2. Color-blindness is offered as a solution to racism. Can color-blindness solve racism? Why or why not? 3. What can you do to make sure the people elected to Congress are actually representing their constituents? How can you practice informed voting? What other ways can you participate in politics? 4. Poverty is rooted in the social structure. How does the social structure in United States perpetuate poverty? Explain how race, class, gender, access, and other characteristics might combine to perpetuate poverty? How can we solve poverty rooted in the social structure? 5. How can movements be inclusive? If you are part of any movements for change, what can you do to make sure you are capturing all voices? 6. What is dramaturgy? What are the elements in this method of analyzing society? How does it apply to social life? 7. According to cultural anthropologists and sociologists, social learning or culture and not biology accounts for differences among people. What exactly does this mean? Explain food preferences using culture—this example can be applied globally or within different regions in the United States. 8. How can we close the divide in our country?
- What impact will this decision have on the state of the Saudi economy in general?
- Employ effective research skills to identify key sources of information to determine what behavioral methods have been successful for students whose learning needs are similar to those in your data analysis and how progress was monitored.
- What are some of the limitations of this evidence?
- Will use of the individual’s initials or name at the end of the message satisfy the signature requirement, under Article 2B of the Uniform Commercial Code (the UCC)?
- If you were manufacturing toothpaste and decided to substitute diethylene glycol for glycerin, would you consider it
your ethical obligation to tell the consumer?