For this project, students should conduct an investigation into one specific contemporary issue in sport. In order to do so, students should use an appropriate research method from the three described in Chapter 2 of the textbook (surveys, observations, text analysis), to collect and interpret information about the issue. A detailed paper and presentation on the subject will then be prepared, following the below guidelines:
A. Clearly identify and explain the issue/topic at hand, both within your paper and in the presentation.
B. Fully analyze arguments on both sides of the issue when appropriate
C. Present your view, supported by research and evidence you have collected about the issue
D. Utilize at least 3 professional references. These should be cited according to APA guidelines in both the paper and presentation.
E. The paper should be at least four pages long, and can include graphs, diagrams, or pictures if they pertain to your topic.
F. The presentation should include the use of software such as PowerPoint or Prezi, and additionally might include graphs, diagrams, pictures, and media files.
G. The presentation should be long enough to fully cover the topic (approximately 7-10 minutes).
H. Paper and Presentations are due during Week 5.
I. The rubrics on page three of this document will be utilized to grade the project
J. If you are unsure if your paper or presentation formats are acceptable, please contact the instructor for clarification.
Below is a list of approved topics/questions. Topics will not be duplicated and are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you are interested in a specific topic/question, request it now! This list is simply a startfeel free to propose your own question to the instructor for consideration.
How has the #GirlDad movement affected sport and society?
- What impact will this decision have on the state of the Saudi economy in general?
- Employ effective research skills to identify key sources of information to determine what behavioral methods have been successful for students whose learning needs are similar to those in your data analysis and how progress was monitored.
- What are some of the limitations of this evidence?
- Will use of the individual’s initials or name at the end of the message satisfy the signature requirement, under Article 2B of the Uniform Commercial Code (the UCC)?
- If you were manufacturing toothpaste and decided to substitute diethylene glycol for glycerin, would you consider it
your ethical obligation to tell the consumer?