Chapter 2. Culture: Answer ONE question from the following questions. Each answer should be at least 200 words long. What are the key components of culture? How does the meaning of culture differ in sociology from its common everyday meaning? Distinguish among each of the following pairs of concepts: informal versus formal norms, mores versus folkways, and norms versus sanctions. Define the sociological concepts of ethnocentrism and cultural relativism with examples. Why do you think these are important? Chapter 3. Socialization: Answer ONE of the following questions below. Each answer should be at least 200 words long. Define and name several agents of socialization. Discuss which of these have been the most important in your life and why. Are they likely to be important in others’ lives? Why or why not? Watch the documentary ″Genie: The Secrets of the Wild Child″ (click on the link below for a video available on YouTube, or Google it) to answer the following questions: How was Genie′s socialization affected by her family environment? Compare Genie’s individual development in relation to some of the theories of socialization: social learning, cognitive, and symbolic interactionist. Genie Wiley: The Wild Child What is Cooley’s theory on the development of the self? Explain in detail.
- What impact will this decision have on the state of the Saudi economy in general?
- Employ effective research skills to identify key sources of information to determine what behavioral methods have been successful for students whose learning needs are similar to those in your data analysis and how progress was monitored.
- What are some of the limitations of this evidence?
- Will use of the individual’s initials or name at the end of the message satisfy the signature requirement, under Article 2B of the Uniform Commercial Code (the UCC)?
- If you were manufacturing toothpaste and decided to substitute diethylene glycol for glycerin, would you consider it
your ethical obligation to tell the consumer?