The most important measure of organizational effectiveness for a business is usually expressed in terms of how well its net profitability compares with its target profitability. Additional measures associated with organizational effectiveness can include, but are not limited to, an organization’s growth data and customer satisfaction survey results.
According to Pedraza (2014), highly effective organizations exhibit strengths over five areas: (1) leadership, (2) decision making and structure, (3) people, (4) work processes and systems, and (5) culture. To achieve and sustain organizational success, companies needs to adapt to the dynamic environment (i.e., internal and external). Evaluating and improving organizational effectiveness and efficiency is one strategy used to help sustain growth and enhance the development of an organization and, increasingly, is becoming an important component of a human resource professional’s job. In that light, write a paper that addresses the following:
Select a large company with which you are familiar that is not meeting its objectives or obligations (public or private). The company can be one at which you are currently employed, have been employed in the past, or one that you admire. Ensure that this is a public organization or that this organization has a strong online presence.
Evaluate the organization using the five criteria provided above. Discuss the results of your evaluation. Are you surprised by the results? Why or why not? What was interesting about the results?
Describe the central issues and problems that are affecting its effectiveness or efficiency.
Discuss how the role of human resources would be perfectly suited to lead/assist in addressing these issues.
Finally, discuss the strategies and tactics a human resources professional can utilize to gain the influence needed to be seen as a strategic player/assistant in these types of issues.
Your paper should be:
5 pages in length, not including title and reference pages (which are required). Include a formal references page.
Formatted and cited according to updated APA
Supported by at least five scholarly sources and can include resources from this course. You cannot use Wikipedia For this assignment, a credible source is defined as:
A scholarly or peer-reviewed journal article.
A government-based website or publication.
A trade or industry journal article, publication, or website, including those from trade organizations such as SHRM.org (Links to an external site.) and TD.org (Links to an external site.).
- What impact will this decision have on the state of the Saudi economy in general?
- Employ effective research skills to identify key sources of information to determine what behavioral methods have been successful for students whose learning needs are similar to those in your data analysis and how progress was monitored.
- What are some of the limitations of this evidence?
- Will use of the individual’s initials or name at the end of the message satisfy the signature requirement, under Article 2B of the Uniform Commercial Code (the UCC)?
- If you were manufacturing toothpaste and decided to substitute diethylene glycol for glycerin, would you consider it
your ethical obligation to tell the consumer?