See attachments for reading materials and course notes
PORTFOLIO 3000 words (two pieces of work; an essay (2000 words & a professional reflection 1000 words)
Consider this statement made by US Secretary of State, Condoleezza Rice, in the wake of the 9-11 attacks- “We basically went from no information to floods. It just started flooding with everything. So now you were getting unassessed intelligence. You know, just about anything anyone said, might be a threat” (cited in Bumiller, 2009 p.168)
A) CRITICALLY assess the impact of information overload for effective, efficient, and ethical intelligence practice. Needs a strong conclusion. (2000 words)
B) Briefly reflect on what you have learned about intelligence pathologies (Sheptycki, 2004 and Stainer, 2013) and how they may be relevant to YOUR OWN practice. (1000 words)
NOTE PART B MUST utilize the standard model of reflection. See example. https://martinhorsell.wordpress.com/2019/09/02/theories-and-models-of-reflection-and-evaluation-to reviewing-own-practice/.
You may also find useful:
Reflection and reflective practice are much discussed aspects of professional education. This paper conveys our efforts to problematise teaching reflective practice in Human Resources (HR) education. The research, on which the paper is based, engages with stakeholders involved in the professional learning and education of reflective practice in three UK universities to provide a critical understanding of the complexities involved. Our research surfaces a level of conceptual ambiguity which creates an uneven landscape in terms of the teaching of reflective practice. Workplace cultures which do not support reflective practice, a focus on performance review and disparate stakeholder views highlight competing discourses of performance based reflection and critical management reflection and suggest a fundamental dissonance between a perspective that reflection in professional work warrants a critical character, and one which is based on a relatively simple acquisition of knowledge model of continuous professional development. The analysis helps assess the teaching challenge within HR professional learning. Similar intricacies may affect teaching in other professions and consequently this article offers a contribution of relevance and interest to others involved in teaching reflective practice.
- What impact will this decision have on the state of the Saudi economy in general?
- Employ effective research skills to identify key sources of information to determine what behavioral methods have been successful for students whose learning needs are similar to those in your data analysis and how progress was monitored.
- What are some of the limitations of this evidence?
- Will use of the individual’s initials or name at the end of the message satisfy the signature requirement, under Article 2B of the Uniform Commercial Code (the UCC)?
- If you were manufacturing toothpaste and decided to substitute diethylene glycol for glycerin, would you consider it
your ethical obligation to tell the consumer?