Through the lens of the business novel The Goal, you have been following many characters, complex business issues, and various management methodologies proposed for correcting problems. In choosing to write a novel, the authors are able to explore abstract concepts in an informative and accessible format. In effect, they are comparing and contrasting strategies in a realistic setting, rather than presenting their argument in an academic article. This format helps meet the intent of the Discussions for this module, in which you can relate the concepts of this book to your experiences and understanding of the business world.
o prepare for this Discussion:
Read pages 124236 (Chapters 1728) of The Goal.
As you read this part of the book, consider passages that contain ideas that you find compelling and particularly relevant to effective business management. You will select at least three passages to discuss this week.
In addition, consider how understanding these concepts might have influenced your past decision making
1. Identify three or more short passages from this weeks assigned reading in The Goal that contain one or two essential ideas that you found compelling, and explain why each passage you chose is relevant to and important in effective business management. Be sure to include the citation for each passage in your explanation.
(Note: A theme you can focus on this week is explaining why the techniques that the team are implementing are working, as well as how breaking the rules in this case makes sense from a systems performance perspective.)
2. Then, reflect on and complete this statement based on your own experience: If I had only known this back when
- What impact will this decision have on the state of the Saudi economy in general?
- Employ effective research skills to identify key sources of information to determine what behavioral methods have been successful for students whose learning needs are similar to those in your data analysis and how progress was monitored.
- What are some of the limitations of this evidence?
- Will use of the individual’s initials or name at the end of the message satisfy the signature requirement, under Article 2B of the Uniform Commercial Code (the UCC)?
- If you were manufacturing toothpaste and decided to substitute diethylene glycol for glycerin, would you consider it
your ethical obligation to tell the consumer?