Case Study – Anxiety Disorder/Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
Assemble nursing care interventions for clients with behavioral or cognitive disorders.
Lauren has been diagnosed with Social Anxiety Disorder and experiences obsessive thoughts that result in compulsive behaviors. This has a major impact on her life and day to day functioning.
View the videos segments 1, 2, and 3 for Lauren.
Notice how the nurse continues to gather information to assess the extent of Laurens illness. The content relates to the objective that you will be able to describe the symptoms of anxiety and OCD.
Create a document which contains this information:
Describe at least three clinical signs of Anxiety observed in the videos.
Describe at least three Obsessive-Compulsive behaviors observed in the videos.
Explain at least three therapeutic communication techniques used by the nurse in the videos.
Discuss at least two nursing interventions appropriate for Lauren. Support your choices with rationales.
Support your ideas with at least two credible resources.
Submit your completed assignment by following the directions linked below. Please check the Course Calendar for specific due dates.
Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document. (Mac users, please remember to append the “.docx” extension to the filename.) The name of the file should be your first initial and last name, followed by an underscore and the name of the assignment, and an underscore and the date. An example is shown below:
- What impact will this decision have on the state of the Saudi economy in general?
- Employ effective research skills to identify key sources of information to determine what behavioral methods have been successful for students whose learning needs are similar to those in your data analysis and how progress was monitored.
- What are some of the limitations of this evidence?
- Will use of the individual’s initials or name at the end of the message satisfy the signature requirement, under Article 2B of the Uniform Commercial Code (the UCC)?
- If you were manufacturing toothpaste and decided to substitute diethylene glycol for glycerin, would you consider it
your ethical obligation to tell the consumer?