Summarize the plot, the sequence of events, in Chekhov’s story. Is there a particular scene that you might identify as the climax or turning point? Why, in your view, is it a turning point? Does Gurov’s character change after he realizes that, ironically, he has fallen in love at his age with a younger woman with whom he intended simply to have a brief affair?
Summarize the plot of “The Storm”: What happens between Calixta and Alcee? Calixta and Bobinot? Alcee and Clarisse? How does Calixta, in her willingness to break the rules and commit adultery, compare with Anna? What about the setting–Calixta’s farm, her parlor, her bedrrom; the storm that arrives and departs–do these images contribute to your understanding of the characters and the issues or themes their behavior raises?
The short video on Kate Chopin interprets her female characters, like Calixta, as seeking “spiritual liberation” from the restrictions that marriage traditionally has imposed on women. However, many readers have found Calixta’s sexual freedom to be immoral and are offended by her lack of guilt or remorse. Is marriage, in general, too restrictive for women? How about for men? What do you think about marriage in our society?
- What impact will this decision have on the state of the Saudi economy in general?
- Employ effective research skills to identify key sources of information to determine what behavioral methods have been successful for students whose learning needs are similar to those in your data analysis and how progress was monitored.
- What are some of the limitations of this evidence?
- Will use of the individual’s initials or name at the end of the message satisfy the signature requirement, under Article 2B of the Uniform Commercial Code (the UCC)?
- If you were manufacturing toothpaste and decided to substitute diethylene glycol for glycerin, would you consider it
your ethical obligation to tell the consumer?