Leading Complex Adaptive Systems
In this final assignment, you will synthesize the readings and research examined throughout the course and apply this knowledge to a case study of your choice. The case studies presented in Chapters 1014 in the Gharajedaghi e-book represent a wide variety of organizations and are all real-world examples of the implementation of systems thinking as well as the theories and designs you have studied.
Review the assigned readings from Units 110 as well as the articles you have collected. Choose one of the case studies from Gharajedaghi (Chapters 1014) to analyze and evaluate for this assignment. Use your readings and research to support your work.
Write a short (half-page maximum) introduction to your selected case study and issues presented. Then, in 1215 pages, address the following:
Evaluate how systems thinking was applied to the case study to create innovation and change. Be sure to include holistic thinking and the interdependency of the internal and external environments.
Analyze how systems and organizational theory informed leadership practice and decision-making in the case study. Include complex adaptive systems theory, complexity, network, and systems theories, as well as pluralistic (collective) leadership in your analysis.
Evaluate how the structure and processes of the organizational design in the case study were implemented to create innovation and change. Be sure to address the role of people in the organization, boundaries, and organizational learning.
Evaluate the disruptiveness of the implementation of systems thinking in the case study.
Apply systems thinking and theory to your personal practice as a leader. How will you use systems thinking in your career? How has this study changed the lens through which you view the world?
- What impact will this decision have on the state of the Saudi economy in general?
- Employ effective research skills to identify key sources of information to determine what behavioral methods have been successful for students whose learning needs are similar to those in your data analysis and how progress was monitored.
- What are some of the limitations of this evidence?
- Will use of the individual’s initials or name at the end of the message satisfy the signature requirement, under Article 2B of the Uniform Commercial Code (the UCC)?
- If you were manufacturing toothpaste and decided to substitute diethylene glycol for glycerin, would you consider it
your ethical obligation to tell the consumer?