Select an individual from the subject-specific case study.
Outline the role of your future profession (nurse), and the role of other health / social care professional (Social Worker, GP, Physiotherapist choose one only), in supporting this person and their family.
Ensure that you consider a minimum of your own profession and one other profession. (700 words approximately). Min 5 references.
Meet learning outcomes:
Based on the subject specific case study you have been given explore the role your
profession in health or social care in the United Kingdom.
Based on the subject specific case study you have been given, outline the role of
other health and care professions who may be involved in supporting this person and
Make use of original, first hand resources of information such as
the National Statistics Office, Public Health England as well as scientific publications.
Case study: The Nelson family live in Fratton and there are three generations of the family living together in a terraced house. The family includes:
Nigel (46) is currently unemployed. He worked in the construction industry for many years but is unable to continue in that role as he has a bad back and has recently been diagnosed with depression by his General Practitioner (GP). Nigel is in the process of applying for Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) and is currently awaiting an assessment.
Debbie is 38 and has been living with Nigel for 6 years. She works in Lidl on a part time basis (18 hours a week) and earns approximately 10,000 per annum, but works overtime when she can.
Peggy (72) a retired dinner lady, is Nigels mother. Peggy has been diagnosed with early onset dementia and suffers from Osteoarthritis (OA) resulting in significant mobility issues. Peggy is struggling to eat as her remaining natural teeth are decaying and one is causing her some pain. She recently broke her spectacles when she fell visiting the bathroom in the middle of the night.
Annabelle, now 15 years old is Debbies daughter from a previous relationship and is at school and undertaking GCSEs. Annabelle hopes to go to college and study A levels and her mum is supportive of this. She has a secret older boyfriend of 25, Shaun.
Jack is Debbie and Nigels son. He is 5 years old and started school last September. Jack is struggling to make relationships with his peers and teachers. School have noticed that he has head lice and some of his baby teeth look decayed.
- What impact will this decision have on the state of the Saudi economy in general?
- Employ effective research skills to identify key sources of information to determine what behavioral methods have been successful for students whose learning needs are similar to those in your data analysis and how progress was monitored.
- What are some of the limitations of this evidence?
- Will use of the individual’s initials or name at the end of the message satisfy the signature requirement, under Article 2B of the Uniform Commercial Code (the UCC)?
- If you were manufacturing toothpaste and decided to substitute diethylene glycol for glycerin, would you consider it
your ethical obligation to tell the consumer?