Both Oedipus the King and The Importance of Being Earnest rely on extremely contrived plot points regarding adoption. Even though Sophocles uses this revelation to bring catastrophic tragedy to Oedipus, while Wilde uses it to bestow glorious comedy to Ernest,
its almost the same plot device. How can such unrealistic, unlikely, and improbable events speak to audiences in the real world? What common themes do these plays share and why do audiences respond to them? Use plenty of specific details, quotes, and insights from both plays to support your answer.
- What impact will this decision have on the state of the Saudi economy in general?
- Employ effective research skills to identify key sources of information to determine what behavioral methods have been successful for students whose learning needs are similar to those in your data analysis and how progress was monitored.
- What are some of the limitations of this evidence?
- Will use of the individual’s initials or name at the end of the message satisfy the signature requirement, under Article 2B of the Uniform Commercial Code (the UCC)?
- If you were manufacturing toothpaste and decided to substitute diethylene glycol for glycerin, would you consider it
your ethical obligation to tell the consumer?