Week 7 Discussion 7 NUR 600
Sally is a 50-year-old female who has been a jogger for several years. She has recently been diagnosed with osteoarthritis. She has been taking Ibuprofen for 3 months but states that it does not help and hurts her stomach. The health care provider prescribes celecoxib (Celebrex) 100 mg orally twice a day.
1. What is the first-line therapy for osteoarthritis and the mechanism of action? (Let this paragraph discuss current evidenced based pharmacological mech of action at cellular level. It must be an academic and scientific not literal.)
2. Sally expresses concern about all the recent news about heart problems and celecoxib (Celebrex). What information should be included in a teaching plan to help her understand about taking celecoxib and the benefits and risks? (Teaching plan must include dosage, drug interactions, contraindications in specific groups of patients, systemic adverse effects, effect of celecoxib on the heart, benefits and risks)
3. Ibuprofen and celecoxib are both nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Explain how they are similar and different? (There must be a separate paragraph for similarity and the other for differences)
- What impact will this decision have on the state of the Saudi economy in general?
- Employ effective research skills to identify key sources of information to determine what behavioral methods have been successful for students whose learning needs are similar to those in your data analysis and how progress was monitored.
- What are some of the limitations of this evidence?
- Will use of the individual’s initials or name at the end of the message satisfy the signature requirement, under Article 2B of the Uniform Commercial Code (the UCC)?
- If you were manufacturing toothpaste and decided to substitute diethylene glycol for glycerin, would you consider it
your ethical obligation to tell the consumer?