Write a three paragraph essay analyzing the effectiveness of the speech.
YOUR ESSAY SHOULD CONTAIN 3 PARAGRAPHS, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION.
Paragraph 1: Content
Sentence 1 – Who was the speaker?
Sentence 2- Where was the speech given?
Sentence 3 – When was the speech given? (month and year)
Sentence 4 – Why was the speech given?
Sentence 5 – What made the speaker qualified to give this speech?
Paragraph 2: Delivery
Sentence 1 – What words were repeated or emphasized?
Sentence 2 – Rate of speaking: Was it fast, medium, or slow? Did the speaker switch from one speed to another?
Sentence 3 – Volume: Did the speaker speak softly, loudly, or did it vary?
Sentence 4 – Did the speaker use a positive or negative tone?
Sentence 5 – What non-verbal gestures did the speaker use? (eye contact, facial expressions, gestures, pauses)
Paragraph 3: Overall impression
Sentence 1 – What type(s) of persuasive appeals did the speaker use? (Logos is based on logic or reason. Ethos is based on the character, credibility, or reliability of the writer. Pathos, or emotional appeal, appeals to an audience’s needs, values, and emotional sensibilities.)
Sentences 2 & 3 – Copy two quotes from the speech to give an example of this type of argument.
Sentence 4 – Do you think the speech was successful? (tell why or why not)
Video of Speech:
- What impact will this decision have on the state of the Saudi economy in general?
- Employ effective research skills to identify key sources of information to determine what behavioral methods have been successful for students whose learning needs are similar to those in your data analysis and how progress was monitored.
- What are some of the limitations of this evidence?
- Will use of the individual’s initials or name at the end of the message satisfy the signature requirement, under Article 2B of the Uniform Commercial Code (the UCC)?
- If you were manufacturing toothpaste and decided to substitute diethylene glycol for glycerin, would you consider it
your ethical obligation to tell the consumer?