Risk Management is an essential component of every healthcare organization. It is another component of the healthcare system that requires collaboration with the Quality Director/Manager in order to facilitate the identification of opportunities for improvement. The key is to proactively identify potential areas of concern (Failure Modes Affect Analysis is a helpful tool) prior to a negative event occurring. rather than waiting for something to occur and having to conduct a Root cause Analysis (RCA)> Additionally, It is a very litigious society in which healthcare related errors present a high-risk for exposure.
Develop two situations/incidents in any type of healthcare arena that could potentially result in a litigation.
2. Describe what occurred and how.
3. How would you respond to the patient and/or family members?
4. Is there is any way to mitigate the situation?
5. How or what interventions could you implement to prevent this scenario from reoccurring?
Now that you completed the review of notes on reducing risk, refer to the quality tools and techniques powerpoint (I added into this week’s content again) and do some exploration related to conducting a cause and effect diagram (fishbone).
Instead of you having to search for a scenario I will provide you with 2 different situations for developing a fishbone diagram. Please only do one.
A. An 86 year old male nursing home resident who stays up at night and is usually in the dining room; wandered to a staircase in his wheelchair and fell down 16 steps to his death. He had his wanderguard bracelet on. What happened?
B. A 25 year old nursing home patient with advanced multiple sclerosis was admitted with a Do Not Resuscitate Order and requested that the Physician change the order on admission and several times subsequently. One month later the patient suffered a cardiac arrest on the way to the hospital. He was not resuscitated and expired. What happened?
- What impact will this decision have on the state of the Saudi economy in general?
- Employ effective research skills to identify key sources of information to determine what behavioral methods have been successful for students whose learning needs are similar to those in your data analysis and how progress was monitored.
- What are some of the limitations of this evidence?
- Will use of the individual’s initials or name at the end of the message satisfy the signature requirement, under Article 2B of the Uniform Commercial Code (the UCC)?
- If you were manufacturing toothpaste and decided to substitute diethylene glycol for glycerin, would you consider it
your ethical obligation to tell the consumer?