We have a good article on the presidency. This is a main activity this week, so the expectations for this assignment are high. This is your chance to be thoughtful and forward thinking.
We are thinking about the future. You are using examples of previous presidents. This will allow us to keep away from the rhetoric and divisions of the present.
Read Lessons of Presidential Leadership. Read the entire article. It should be evident that you have read the entire article.) ***Uploaded the article for you
We are discussing the U.S. Presidency. It does not matter if you like a certain president or not. (You will vote for many presidents in your lifetime.) This is about the office and the importance of leading the country. Political attacks are not appropriate here. (This includes the current President, the past President or presidential candidates.)
The article look at leadership lessons and qualities that apply to presidents and to anyone who wants to lead. There is a lot of information here and much to think about. You will be writing a paper. Write the paper in this exact order.
1: Consider the country 10 years from now. Discuss two possible challenges you think the country might face in 10 years. One paragraph per challenge. You may use outside sources. Be sure to cite the sources in MLA format in the document and at the end of the paper.
2. a. Choose an lesson from the article Lessons of Presidential Leadership. Write a paragraph about one of the challenges (above) and the lesson that be helpful to the President serving 10 years. Include an example from Lyndon Johnson or Franklin Roosevelt or John Kennedy that would illustrate the lesson.
b. Repeat the instructions above with the second challenge you chose and a different lesson and former president.
3. Choose a third example as a general lesson for the President in 10 years. This is a general leadership lesson not tied to the challenges you chose. Write 1 paragraph.
4. Which leadership lesson do you want to develop? (Lessons of Presidential Leadership) Why is this important to you and your future? What can you do to begin developing this in yourself? (This may or may not be one you chose earlier in this paper.)
5. Which quality do we as citizens need to develop over the next 10 years? Why?
Our topic: Leadership–the presidents and you
Write your paper in MLA format, which includes double spacing. Use the exact format of the instructions.
1. Climate change/ high deficit ( i thought were good examples)
If you quote from the articles, be sure to cite the source and use quotation marks.
article i was going to use- https://www.mic.com/articles/24967/10-challenges-facing-the-u-s-over-the-next-two-decades
- What impact will this decision have on the state of the Saudi economy in general?
- Employ effective research skills to identify key sources of information to determine what behavioral methods have been successful for students whose learning needs are similar to those in your data analysis and how progress was monitored.
- What are some of the limitations of this evidence?
- Will use of the individual’s initials or name at the end of the message satisfy the signature requirement, under Article 2B of the Uniform Commercial Code (the UCC)?
- If you were manufacturing toothpaste and decided to substitute diethylene glycol for glycerin, would you consider it
your ethical obligation to tell the consumer?