Lesson Three Writing Assignment:
It has long been argued, particularly by conservatives, that there is a liberal bias in the mass media. On the other hand, progressives and liberals counter that conservative media has its own bias and that conservative media spends most of its time trying to invoke fear and division in the general public. With these two points of view in mind, please respond to the following question.
(1) How is the media, biased, more towards progressive-liberal values, conservative values or in both directions depending on the specific media outlets you may access? Explain your response.
(2) Find two or more examples of media bias (video clip, article, images) and attach to your Dropbox submission. Explain in detail how these example/s represent media bias and the impact that it has on public opinion. As part of your research and examination of media bias include recent polling data results showing the public’s confidence in the objectivity or fairness of the media. Provide an Internet citation for each polling source discussed.
4-5 double-spaced pages of text.
Write in complete sentences and paragraphs. Bullet points or lists will not be accepted.
Be original – All papers submitted in this class are reviewed via Turnitin.com, a proprietary software database that identifies unoriginal material in papers. Please review the syllabus statement regarding the penalty for plagiarism. Your instructor will provide you with additional information.
Refer to the Writing Center in Tutoring Services for additional writing assistance.
Once you have completed the writing assignment, please attach and submit your assignment here.
File Submissions: Please submit your assignment as a .docx file.
This activity may use a different grading rubric than what was used in past activities. Be sure to check the grading rubric before starting.
- What impact will this decision have on the state of the Saudi economy in general?
- Employ effective research skills to identify key sources of information to determine what behavioral methods have been successful for students whose learning needs are similar to those in your data analysis and how progress was monitored.
- What are some of the limitations of this evidence?
- Will use of the individual’s initials or name at the end of the message satisfy the signature requirement, under Article 2B of the Uniform Commercial Code (the UCC)?
- If you were manufacturing toothpaste and decided to substitute diethylene glycol for glycerin, would you consider it
your ethical obligation to tell the consumer?