Please follow the below instructions for this discussion board:
Discussion Board: CRISPR
We have learned about how the human immune system defends itself from microbes, but how do bacteria defend themselves from their pathogens, such as viruses? The CRISPR system is an amazing system that is currently being used as a precise gene-editing tool, a revolution in Biotechnology.
Here you can find a list of poscast about CRISPR.
https://www.synthego.com/blog/10-podcasts-every-crispr-scientist-will-love (Links to an external site.)
Pick one from the list. If this is the first time you hear about CRISP, or you haven’t had a chance to read much about it, I would recommend you start with this one:
(Links to an external site.)
Find an interesting link about CRISPR that could help the class learn about this fascinating technique. It can be a review, news, a video, research article, infographics, etc…
Post the link in the DB with a brief summary of the contents
Read two of your classmates posts (links) and comment on their posts.
Here is a list of links you could use to learn more about CRISPR:
A video that depicts the CRISPR-Cas9 method for genome editing a powerful new technology with many applications in biomedical research, including the potential to treat human genetic disease.
TED talk by Ellen Jorgensen
Or the newest and revolutionary application of CRISPR:
Also, you can read any of these summaries/overviews on the CRISPR system:
Please let me know if you have any questions about above instructions.
- What impact will this decision have on the state of the Saudi economy in general?
- Employ effective research skills to identify key sources of information to determine what behavioral methods have been successful for students whose learning needs are similar to those in your data analysis and how progress was monitored.
- What are some of the limitations of this evidence?
- Will use of the individual’s initials or name at the end of the message satisfy the signature requirement, under Article 2B of the Uniform Commercial Code (the UCC)?
- If you were manufacturing toothpaste and decided to substitute diethylene glycol for glycerin, would you consider it
your ethical obligation to tell the consumer?