Up to this point we have only read up to chapter 6
Objective: Students can discuss the multidisciplinary nature of the human services profession in relation to the NOHS Ethical Standards and demonstrate that they can analyze ethical standards applying the concepts learned in class using critical thinking.
Students will read case study and review Ethical Standards for Human Service Professionals.
Considering the questions posted after the case study, students will write a paper – 5 pages plus bibliography – in APA format. Paper must integrate what has been covered this semester as it relates to the issue and cite from the text to support their positions. You may use additional credible sources of information but it is not required
Rocio is a 13-year old girl. She recently arrived in the US as a Mexican immigrant. She came to you, her school counselor, because of she is being bullied by a group of classmates. With Rocios permission you leave a message on her mothers voicemail and send a note home asking for a meeting to discuss the situation.
When a week goes by with no response you become frustrated and wonder if the mothers lack of responsiveness indicates neglect or ambivalence about her daughters feelings.
1. What are some other explanations for Rocios mothers lack of follow-through? What are some culturally sensitive ways that you can handle this situation and why is cultural sensitivity particularly important in this case?
2. What process did you use to decide what to do in this case?
3. What Ethical Standards from the NOHS Ethical Standards relate to this situation? Name and explain at least 3 standards.
- What impact will this decision have on the state of the Saudi economy in general?
- Employ effective research skills to identify key sources of information to determine what behavioral methods have been successful for students whose learning needs are similar to those in your data analysis and how progress was monitored.
- What are some of the limitations of this evidence?
- Will use of the individual’s initials or name at the end of the message satisfy the signature requirement, under Article 2B of the Uniform Commercial Code (the UCC)?
- If you were manufacturing toothpaste and decided to substitute diethylene glycol for glycerin, would you consider it
your ethical obligation to tell the consumer?