1) IDENTIFY THE PROBLEM: What is the problem? – Provide a brief background of the healthcare issue. (one paragraph)
2) WHAT DOES THE SITUATION NEED? This is the equivalent of a criterion for solving the issue (federal oversight, municipal guidelines, structural reinforcement, FEMA funding, logistical, punitive measures, inoculation)? Consider what will happen if there is no effective policy intervention for the issue.
3) What are TWO EXISTING POLICIES currently available to prevent this tragedy from happening again or improving future health outcomes?
Some birthing centers are bundling costs as a way to make childbirth more affordable. Some insurance and Medicaid programs cover Doula support to help pregnant women guide the healthcare system.
What kinds of policies will protect healthcare workers from exposure to COVID-19 and will keep them safe? Hospital vaccine mandates? Infection control mandated training? A livable wage for temporary or per diem workers who are at risk of exposure? Benefits that provide more sick time?
COVID19 Vaccination policy: mandatory vaccines for seniors, healthcare workers, at-risk populations, coordinated efforts between state and federal agencies, the deployment of the National Guard.
To lower Black maternal and infant mortality rates, there are multiple policy approaches taking place: regulate insurance reimbursement based on health outcomes, hospital recruitment of OB/GYNs physicians and Physician Assistants who identify as Black or African American, mandatory anti-bias training of healthcare workers, de-stigmatizing Medicaid, expand Medicaid in rural areas to prevent hospital closures, greater healthcare coverage for mid-wives, doulas and prenatal care.
4) What POLICY SOLUTION DO YOU RECOMMEND to prevent this healthcare disaster from happening again. Your policy recommendation could be one of the policies that you have described in section #3 or maybe you have a new idea that will be more effective. (the equivalent of half a page)
5) How would you EVALUATE the EFFECTIVENESS of what you recommended in section #4 to know if it’s working: if so, what are you going to measure for effectiveness? (a paragraph)
- What impact will this decision have on the state of the Saudi economy in general?
- Employ effective research skills to identify key sources of information to determine what behavioral methods have been successful for students whose learning needs are similar to those in your data analysis and how progress was monitored.
- What are some of the limitations of this evidence?
- Will use of the individual’s initials or name at the end of the message satisfy the signature requirement, under Article 2B of the Uniform Commercial Code (the UCC)?
- If you were manufacturing toothpaste and decided to substitute diethylene glycol for glycerin, would you consider it
your ethical obligation to tell the consumer?